If you are a professional and you need to work on loads of projects on your laptop where going through different windows and tabs can be a mess. Or, if you are a traveler or simply a guy like me, wanting to enjoy the portability and simplicity in doing work on the laptop. Since you are here, you really are in search of such a solution that could end all the burden and reduce all the fuss for you while working, easy to move and carry along anywhere. We at trusted 7 put hours of research in order to make a list of the best portable monitors for you. These portable monitors are from some great brands. You can go through the list, find out each monitors specifications, features, design etc and get the one as per your requirements.
List of 7 Best Portable Monitors (3rd Week January 2018)
|Portable Monitor Name||Display Size||Weight in lbs||Price|
|ASUS MB169B+(Editor's Choice)||15.6 Inches||1.6 lbs||View|
|AOC e1659Fwu||16 Inches||2.4 lbs||View|
|GeChic 1303H 13(Best Brand)||13.3 Inches||1.3 lbs||View|
|ASUS WXGA(Editor's Choice)||15.6 Inches||1.76 lbs||View|
|GeChic 1303i||13.3 Inches||2.0 lbs||View|
|AOC i1659fwux||16 Inches||2.4 lbs||View|
|GAEMS M155||15.5 Inches||1.7 lbs||View|
1) ASUS MB169B+ (Best Portable Computer Monitor)
The ASUS MB 169B+ 15.6″ Full HD 1080p USB-Powered Portable Monitor comes at the first place in our list, made by ASUS which is the 4th largest PC vendor by unit sales (2015). ASUS has brought in many displays in the recent years, a couple of which actually are in our best portable monitors in 2018 list.
The ASUS MB169B+ is the upgraded model of the already best “ASUS MB168B” (Comes later in our list too). All other usb powered monitors that ASUS presented uptil now where 720p at most, making the MB169B+ far superior, when compared.
MB169B+ is a highly slim (only 8.5mm) and light weight portable monitor (1.76 lbs only) that comes with a usb 3.0 port which serves both for power and video signal. The build quality is really good too, you would never have that “cheap-o” feel with this portable monitor. The Auto rotate works great, making it easy to adjust according to what you what to use it for.
The bigger bandwidth of USB 3.0 makes experience fast, liquid smooth image processing from your connected PC, makes on-the-go HD portable display a reality. Also, the MB169B+ has backward compatibility making it work on a Laptop or Desktop with USB 2.0 port (Brightness and Screen quality will suffer somewhat)
- Screen = 15.6 inches wide with the dimension of 14.9×9.26×0.26 inches.
- Multi-frame software, Ezlink, and a CD ROM.
- Auto Rotation
- Inbuilt two speakers arrangement providing decent sound.
- Display Resolution = 1920×1080 pixels with 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Compatibility = Macintosh and windows
- IPS Panel.
- Dual way adjustment, Flexibility
- Contrast ratio = 600:1
- Response time of 12-14 ms
- No lag
Comes with a bundle, including the smart case, manual, support CD and 3.0 USB cable.
- Great size and amazingly light, best portable monitor
- Amazing Response time
- Requires low power
- Accurate colors
- Embeded speakers
- Some reviewers faced a little over color saturation, but not us to be honest.
2) AOC e1659Fwu (Budget Ultra Slim Portable Monitor)
AOC has been well-known for many years for making some really great monitors. The e1659Fwu is no exception, even we consider it the the second best portable monitor that AOC offers for a reasonable price right now.
AOC has made the e1659Fwu usb powered, so you don’t need any sort of power cord of VGA cable to power and use it.
The Built-in DisplayLink Technology by AOC allows you to use multiple USB powered portable monitors all at the same time without having to add any extra hardware. It is only 2.4lbs in weight and has a small bezels 16 inches HD display with a thickness of 1.4 inches only. The display when compared with a laptop, the quality seems almost identical, making it really pleasant to work at.
Key Features of AOC e1659Fwu:
- 16 Inches 1366 x 768 @60HzTFT Display – Active Matrix LCD has an aspect ratio of 16:9
- The brightness is quite fair and decent at 200 cd/m2 with contrast ratio of 500:1
- Very good response time of 8-11ms
- USB 3.0 Power source, no other power cord needed to use it
- Windows 10 Compatible
- VESA 75mm wall mount compliant to easily install it on any wall
- Also a decent carry case included
Don’t wanna spend over $100?
Unless you want to dig a profound whole in your pocket, the AOC E1659FWU 16″ Ultra Slim Portable Monitor is an amazing choice for you considering all the features that a best portable monitor should have.
- Easy setup
- Budget friendly
- Protective case included
- Prone to fingerprints
3) GeChic 1305H (Best HDMI Portable Monitor)
Third stop in our list is the latest Gechic 1305H 13.3″. Talking about the Gechic, the company was founded in 2011 and has been responsible for bringing in finest quality portable monitors to the market. They are the top portable monitors manufacturer and providers ever since and have been known for providing the best portability in the portable monitors market segment.
The display on the Gechic 1305H is amazing, color production was extremely good and viewing angles at almost 180 degrees, which for a portable monitor is shockingly good. Gechic 1305H supports dual HDMI connectors on both horizontal and vertical sides of the monitor. With the HDMI connection the response time is very less making everything run with no lag at all.
Gechic offers 1 year limited warranty along with the 1305H
Gechic 1305 uses a proprietary cable that connects to another cable which has a USB type-A connector for power and an HDMI connector for video signal. In order to use it, you need to have an HDMI-Out on your Laptop or Desktop and a wall outlet to power on the monitor. On the bright side, the HDMI for data allows you to connect your portable monitor to any device that has an HDMI-Out port. You can connect it to your camera and showcase your images taken, or play your favorite games from your PS4 or xBox or any other gaming console etc.
- Features 1080p Full HD display
- You can connect it any device through HDMI-Out
- No lag throughout the usage
- Comes with a smart cover stand protecting the display from accidental drops
- You can set the color preferences according to you usage, for games, movies, work and more
- No need to install any drivers
- Both horizontal and vertical modes
- Bright Display
- Great Colors
- Light and portable design
- Proprietary cable with two required connections
4) ASUS WXGA MB168B (USB-Powered Portable Monitor)
The ASUS WXGA comes at the 4th place in our list. It has a sturdy metallic finish with a fine example of concentric circles making the MB168B the ideal portable monitor for your laptop. Furthermore, it includes a conveying case for protection that serves as a flexible stand as well.
With a thin 8mm (0.3-inch) profile and weight of only 800g (1.76 pounds), MB168B is an amazingly thin and light portable display, perfect for travelers and people who are on-the-go most of the time and needs a secondary display to work upon.
The ASUS WXGA portable USB-powered monitor needs only one USB link for video signal and to power up the 1366 x 768 resolution. The USB 3.0 makes the whole usage of the monitor lag free and extremely fast. Also, the WXGA MB168B has backwards compatibility with a laptop’s USB 2.0.
- Has 1920 x 1080 resolution ideal for watching full HD movies and boosts your productivity work.
- The ASUS WXGA has a 500:1 contrast ratio, offers rich colors and realistic photos and videos.
- The 0.252mm pixel pitch makes text and graphics more detailed.
- The ASUS WXGA gives you the amazing experience of fluid images and video from your connected device that makes having an on-the-go multi-display setup a reality.
- Bright Display
- ASUS Ezlink Technology
- One Cable to power and transmit data
- Auto Brightness
- Auto Rotation
- Light and portable design
- Short USB Cables
- If needed, Second USB cable can be required
5) GeChic 1303i 1080p (Touchscreen Portable Monitor)
This Gechic Model 1303i is a Full HD 13.3 Inch 1080p Multi-Touch Screen portable monitor. The multi-touch screen has 10 points. This particular GeChic USB powered monitor is good with other work PCs, Desktop monitors, Macs, tablets, cameras, gaming devices, smartphones and more devices.
It has 1920×1080 resolution has 16.7M color depth, and 250 nit brightness. It Weighs 2.0 lbs, 1.1cm think and a built-in dual speakers setup.
The 1303I’s design with a flat back makes it easy to be used on a table. And the Ten-finger multi-touch acknowledgment enables you to type on screen as though on a keyboard.
- This recent GeChic 1303i has a full HD resolution with 1920 x1080 pixels (1080P) resolution
- Perfect for the Windows Operating Systems
- Multiple point connections like HDMI, two 5V DC inputs, VGA, and Mini Display
- No lags when connected to a laptop because of the HDMI Chipset
- No need to install the drivers
- Both landscape and portrait modes
- Easy settings of color preferences like for movies, games, standard, image viewing, or vivid
- Connect it to your phone or DSLR on-the-go to view your captured images and videos on the full HD 13.3″ bigger screen
- Aluminum Sturdy cover protection
- Bright Display
- 10 Points Multi-Touch Panel
- True Colors
- Auto Rotation
- Light and portable design
- Lowest brightness setting isn’t enough, can be brighter than needed in darker envrionment
6) AOC i1659fwux (Portable LED Monitor)
The AOC i1659fwux is a very fairly priced and high performer in our best portable monitors list. The design is quite sleek and slim with a piano-black glossy finish. This AOC model has a 15.6 Inch Full HD display that provides some really great colors and viewing angles. It has 1920 x 1080 full high definition resolution with a contrast ration of 700:1. This portable monitor is very bright, has 220 cd/m2 Brightness, making it easy to work on your portable monitor outdoor.
- Response time is 25ms with 60Hz refresh rate.
- Aspect & Contrast Ratio = 16:9 and 700:1.
- 3.0 USB port
- Viewing angle is 160 by 160 degrees.
- 1920x 1080pixel, better resolution.
- Overall size of this portable monitor is 16 inches; 15.6 display and 4-inch bezel.
- In-plane switching technology supported.
- Comes with smart portable case, 3.0 USB cable, support CD manual & guided software for pc monitor’s functioning.
- Wide / Good Viewing Angels
- True Accurate Colors
- Darker Blacks
- IPS Panel
- Issues may occur in dark grey scale performance.
7) GAEMS M155 (Portable Monitor for Gaming)
GAEMS or shall we Pronounce it as GAMES? You guessed it right!
The GAEMS M155 is a portable gaming monitor, designed for gamers in mind. The M155 lets you game on a gaming console like PS4, xBox etc or, a laptop, or your Desktop using HDMI, this portable monitor wont let you down. It has a HD 15.5” 720p (1080p scaled) E-LED display that provides a virtually lag-free experience when connected to any device with HDMI output. Moreover, it requires only a single USB for power.
The 60 Hz Refresh Rate makes is a lag free, truly desirable experience for gamers!
Protect the monitor’s screen with the defensive cover, which includes a small felt interior and it also serves as a stand as well. If you are truly into gaming and want a portable monitor to enhance your gaming experience or just to have the ease of taking along a portable monitor to play games anywhere, look no further than the GAEMS M155.
- Light Weight (1.7 lbs)
- 3.5mm Headphones Jack
- Powers with USB cable
- 60 Hz Refresh Rate, meaning, no lag whatoever
- Terrible Viewing Angles
- We wish it had built in speakers
We have delivered all the details, features, pros and cons of each single monitors in this best portable monitors 2018 list. Reviews are well researched and completely unbiased. According to users experience, among these 7 portable monitors, the top 3-4 are widely bought and best reviewed. However if you are into gaming, you can go with the GAEMS M155 because that is made for that sole purpose. We hope you like our effort of helping you get the best portable monitor. Go and get yours now!
SEE ALSO: Best Dash Cams to buy in 2018